Parish Church

A house of worship built in the 18th century and restructured in the early 1900s.

Address and contacts

Via Emilia Est - 42048 Rubiera
Phones 0039 0522 620203 or 0522 620705 - Parish church

Opening times

From 07:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.

How to get there

See the indication to reach Rubiera

Historical notes

The church was built by the Conventual Friars of Rubiera between 1704 and 1718. It was definitively handed over to the Archpriest and the collegiate chapter by order of Duke Rinaldo II on 4th October 1722, as attested by the inscription inside the building. The church was erected on the site of the previous Church of the Annunciation which had been demolished. In the early 1900s, the building was restructured, with the addition of elegant decorations by Professor Ernesto Manzini, who designed the apse and the vault as well as the facade. Professors Goldoni and Gaetano Bellei also contributed to the works. The interior has a composite style, with one nave, two chapels on each side, chancel at the southern end, and the main entrance on the Via Emilia preceded by a wide portico.

Useful link

Parish church of Rubiera