Town Hall

After receiving administrative autonomy in 1860, the seat of the local council, previously located in rooms in the rectory adapted to that use, was inaugurated October 23, 1889.

Address and contacts

Piazza G. Carducci - 42010 Rio Saliceto
Phone 0039 0522 647814 - Cultural Office

Opening times

Accessible during the opening times of the town hall

How to get there

Rio Saliceto

By car
From Reggio Emilia, follow SS468 direction Correggio, then SP5 to Campagnola Emilia-Novellara.

By bus
From Piazzale Europa bus 43 line Reggio-Rolo

Historical notes

The neoclassic Palazzo, designed by the architect Giuseppe Aimi of Correggio, presents a T-shape plan, with the central body characterized by a Doric tetrastyle pronaos in exposed brick on a base in fake smooth ashlar with small lunette apertures. Particularly elegant are the decorative elements in the terracotta frieze, including medallions that depict the eight founders of the Municipality (don Giovanni Battista Branchetti, Luigi Brunetti, Luigi Carbonieri, Fortunato Galantini, Luigi Nicolini, Sante Santachiara, Tomaso Terrachini, and Frumenzio Bernini) that were commissioned by the mayor, Pier Giacinto Terrachini, from his son Bruto.
The building was completely restored in 1983-84.